Monday, June 11, 2007

Summer Time

Ah, it has been a while since I last posted, hasn't it? I just spent a few days with my sister Cathy. We haven't seen each other since her husband's funeral in October 2004. We have talked on the phone and through e-mails, but haven't actually spent time together until the other day.

Cathy lives by Kentucky Lake in a beautifully wooded area. I love the place - except for the snakes. Anyone want some rattlesnakes, cottonmouths, or water maccasons? You are more than welcome to have some. I've never actually seen any snakes whenever I've been there. But there was one time my mother and I were staying there and in the middle of the night I rolled over in bed and my arm fell over the edge. Immediately there was a rattle sound from either outside somewhere near their deck or from under the bed. Either way, I was not thrilled. Especially since shortly after I slowly and carefully pulled my arm back onto the bed, the rattle sound stopped. How, you are asking, could there had been a rattle sound under the bed? Easy - at that time, Cathy and Dave often left the glass doors to the deck wide open, screen and all. Even with everyone being the house all day, anything could have gotten in.

But Cathy, Thad and I had four very nice days together - when she wasn't teaching summer school. But when she was, Thad and I just slept. Cathy's house is a great place to just sleep. She even said that is what everyone in the family tells her - "I come here and I just want to sleep and when I do, I sleep so well" We will be going back to see her again in September unless something comes up.

1 comment:

Lexa said...

Scary! But it's nice you got to spend some time with your sister.